1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years? Probably child-rearing. I seem to get more relaxed by each one. Poor Megan my oldest I was probably the most strict, and now Makayla my youngest is so spoiled it's a shame.
2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience?
Well since Im a stay at home mom as we all know it can go from an easy chair experience to a dental chair experience in record time. lol
Church as I have blogged before we have found a wonderful church here in Statesboro. http://nanathena.blogspot.com/2009/08/were-finally-home.html I miss the people at the church we left. But when you can find a church that still preaches God's word and stands on the truth of it, that's awesome. Even if you are tossed into the dental chair at times it's for our own good.
3. Kisses or hugs? hugs
4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today? Less and less families are in church so future generations won't know about the love of Jesus.
5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it?
Probably just toss it and forget about it.
6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents?
My Dad: I'm relatively quiet and laid-back. His looks, I've been told I look like him and his Mom.
My Mom: None really, that I can think of other than speaking our mind. When were pushed against a wall we say whats on our mind. I wish I had her trait of cleaning. Her house is spotless and always have been even when there was six of us children at home.
7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.)
Just the heel. Always just toss it.
8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you? That the kids these days are writing the cell phone lingo. My worry is will they eventually think that's the correct way of spelling. I don't think that lingo will work in the job world.
9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9Th? Are you the 9Th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.)
All I have is that Makayla is 9 right now! The number 19 now that's a whole different story in itself.
10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with?
No most everything in my closet is black. My home is more neutral colors with some bright ones thrown in in the bedrooms.
11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2ND choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people.
I always offer to help, whether they accept it or not is their choosing. Then if it seems to be taking a while or they're overwhelmed I will offer again.
12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most?
The beginning of cooler weather. After heat indexes of up to 110 I'm definetly ready for at least some temps around 70.