Wednesday, November 24, 2010
So now on with hodgepodge, take a break from all that cooking and grab the questions from Joyce .
1. If you had known what they knew then, would you have boarded the Mayflower?
Probably so. Those that did probably didn't give it much thought they just did it.
2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?
I haven't ever been out in the ocean in one, only a river, pond that sorta thing. It didn't bother me. I think it would be pretty awesome to go on a cruise.
3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
That there always has to be turkey, dressing and pecan pie. Personally I prefer ham over turkey. But for most, Thanksgiving wouldn't be right without at least those three things.
4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?
Probably around noon or so. Not really sure how many will end up being there, close guess I would say nine. Cornbread dressing if it's made the right way (like my Mom use to make it).
Yes, I know it goes against all I believe in to ask for 'just one', but I made up for it by asking three questions here.
5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....
Not that I can recall. I have used baking soda on numerous occasions. Mostly from sitting a frying pan in the oven and preheat the oven forgetting it was in there. Or either from something spilling in the oven and when turned on it caught on fire.
6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing.
The only thing recently would be my son moving out. He is nineteen and moved in with two other nineteen year old guys. I begged, pleaded, argued for him not to move out but he did. But so far they are doing just fine. It will definitely be a learning experience for them. You wonder how that could be a blessing, well if you have or have had teenagers then you know it's much quieter these days.
7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite?
Baked, mashed, or fired. For Thanksgiving definitely mashed. Any other time most like baked. Will have them fried once in a while but not often.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It seems like only yesterday I was posting New Year's goals. Now I have to look back and see if I actually accomplished any.
Definitely no way no chance in going shopping Friday. Hopefully will do most of my shopping online. So much easier.