Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Linda is at it again with her Random Dozen. Only this time she's making it a Thanksgiving theme. Plus she's bumping it up a day to Tuesday this week. Most of us will probably be so busy cooking tomorrow, and Thursday we won't think about blogging. LOL
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous?
Traditional foods. My family would probably faint if I suggested anything any different, especially my husband.
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.")
My healthy family.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for.
My future home in heaven one day.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. Honestly I can't remember that many Thanksgiving growing up, my Dad worked shift work so it probably depended on when he was working when and what we ate. I remember one Thanksgiving at my Grandmother's that everyone was there. All her children and their families , my parents and family. That was early 90's and probably the last time we were all there for Thanksgiving.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? I will be in the kitchen cooking while another family member(not mentioning any names) sits in the recliner and fails to offer to help.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? No pets in this house.
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying?
We pray at every meal. The night before at my Mother-in-laws, my step-father in law will pray. Thanksgiving day at my brother's my Mom will pray.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? NO. It may be on but I won't be watching it.
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? Hate oysters, and have definetly never have, and never will have them in my dressing.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? Somewhat. What I read in school and we won't mention how many years ago that was.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? Pecan.
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!) Same as feel for the fish. LOL Nope don't feel sorry for it at all. If I had my preference I would have ham or chicken. Just not a big turkey fan. But as stated in question #1 some would have a stroke if we didn't have a turkey. As if something drastic might happen if we didn't.