Joyce and learn more about fellow bloggers.
1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
I don't think it became more dangerous, I just think we became more aware of the danger. I'm not sure my life has changed because of 9/11. Over the years seeing love ones pass away, or maybe just me getting older I don't seem to be as picky.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight? Growing up of course I did. In which we did grow up in a very strict home. We were one of those that knew what we couldn't do, but not what we could do. Now I am so thankful for the way I was raised. I made some bad choices as an adult but I knew that there was a better way. Otherwise I would probably still be a sinner, and not knowing any difference.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I have to sleep with a fan blowing on me, year around. Not sure if it's the noise or just the cool breeze.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
I don't get to many ball games, but carnival food. Hands-down funnel cake.
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest?
Only a hurricane, and then it was only a minor one. Back in the late 70's we were far enough from the coast not to get the brunt of the storm. But we had plenty of rain and no electricity for a few days.
7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
The only thing I really remember having to do was keep my bedroom clean. Occasionally I remember dusting the furniture and cleaning the mirrors. Other than I guess in the Spring for some reason we would scrap the built up wax around the baseboards.
That last question was inspired by a post Mindee wrote on Monday. Everyone go say hi to Mindee-she blogs at Our Front Door and she's funny.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
If you haven't entered my giveaway, you can do so by going here.