Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Monday was Linda's birthday so she asked everyone else to come up with the questions for this week. Honestly I don't know how she comes up with questions every week without repeating some she has asked before.
I couldn't believe it when I saw that she had included my question in the dozen.
1. From "Men Are Dumb ....": If you had a theme song that played whenever you walked into a room full of people, what would it be?
The only song that keeps coming to mind is You Are So Beautiful. Because everyone needs to know just how special they are.
2. From Pam of "Alert And Oriented x 4": Which of your shoes are your absolute favorite, and which are of the object of your most painful shoe-buyer's remorse?
My favorite no doubt are my flip-flops. I have a pair of closed toed black heels, they look great. But they hurt so bad I can't wear them.
3. From Susanne of "Living to Tell the Story": Tell about your favorite birthday celebration that you've personally experienced.
None of my birthdays stand out more so than others. They have all been with family, especially since I've had kids. Last year we surprised my Mom and all showed up at her house with lunch already cooked for her birthday. That was alot of fun. This year we celebrated her birthday but it wasn't a surprise to her that it was going to happen. She's not big on surprises.
4. From Lori of "Just me and My Life": If you were a flavor of ice cream, which would you be?
Definitely something with chocolate in it, no doubt. My favorite lately is Cookies N Cream.
5. Cindy Swanson of "Notes in the Key of Life" asks: Have you ever had a crush on a movie star? Who was it, and are you still crushing?
I can't say that I have. I admire some for their morals and values, but can't say I had a crush on any.
6. Jill from "Jill Boyd's Place" inquires: Glasses or braces--if you had to wear one, which would it be?
I have worn glasses in the past but now wear contact lenses. Fortunately I never had to wear braces.
7. Nel from "Fasteneau Facts" asks: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
That's a hard one because where we live now were close to most of our family. All is within driving distance of a few hours. And amazingly all of my siblings but one live in GA. Well two if you count the one that has already went on to Heaven.
8. Thena from "Patiently Waiting" wants to know: If money were no obstacle, what would be the perfect birthday gift to receive?
I can't believe I came up with this and then find it hard to think of an answer. I'm not a materialistic person at all. I would love to travel, at first I thought maybe a cruise, because I've never been on one. But what would really be fun is just to travel through all 50 states.
9. From "Life Through Bifocals," LynnMarie asks: What is your favorite birthday meal?
Birthday or not I could eat pizza almost everyday and never get tired of it. But for a special occasion a low country boil would be great.
10. Debby at "Just Breathe" checks in with: Do you still send hand-written thank you notes?
If there's an occasion for a thank you note, yes I would hand write, and make it personal, not just a generic thank you.
11. Linda from "Mocha with Linda" poses this question: What is something you've done that you never thought you'd do?
Wow!! My mind keeps drawing a blank on this one. Even after reading some of ya'lls answers. I guess it would have to be going through a divorce. I believe a marriage is forever, permanent. But my first husband decided after 17 years and 3 kids that he wanted out.
12. Jewel, my home girl from Indiana who writes at "Musings from the World of Jewel," is very insistent that we answer this: Mount Rushmore honors four US Presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt. If you could add any person to Mount Rushmore, who would you add and why? I cheated on this one and looked at other's answers. I agree Ronald Reagan would be a good one to add.