Friday, May 20, 2011

Be prepared...............VENTING

All along the Doctor has known that I don't have insurance and that I'm self-pay.  Go through previous procedures with minimal payment other than D&C.  It nearly drained my wonderful Mil's savings account.  So today I go in for another test, and meet with the surgery co-ordinator.  She has the wonderful job of telling me that the hysterectomy will cost me 9410.00, but if we can pay in full it will be 20% off.  If not then we need at least half by pre-op. 
While in the office I couldn't help but notice all the young girls pregnant and seeing them on medicaid.  I'm sorry but it's frustrating to know they made a choice to have a baby.  I don't have the choice of having to have surgery.
On a brighter note.  Megan had her check-up yesterday.  She is completely effaced and dialated to three.  So the only thing holding him in is no contractions and her water hasn't broke.  So hopefully our grandson will be here soon and I won't have to worry about other stuff for a few days.

7 comments:

  1. Something is terribly wrong with our health care system...I would be upset too about the medicaid paying for the young (most likely unmarried girls) to have babies. It sounds like your grandson is about ready to come out!!! keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thena...I can definitely understand your frustration and empathize with you 100%. I think that most of us here in America feel much the same way. So excited about your grandson's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not even imagine. I am so sorry. I truly hope someday our country gets a much better healthcare system. The one we have is asinine. No one thinks there's a problem until they're without the cushy plans so many are used to and then their eyes are opened.

    I hope you can find a way to get the surgery and that it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthcare is so absolutely frustrating. Hope your grandson comes really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry - I hope something works out! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter doesn't have insurance. They can't afford it yet they make too much money to get government help. (yet every illegal will be taken care of!) Sorry, I get so mad. My daughter blood work was almost $1,000. They gave us like $40. for cash!! That is a crime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you checked with Medicaid. They have a program called spend down that after you have accumulated so much (usually around $3000) in medical expenses you can qualify for help. I will be praying that God moves in this situation for you. I also have no insurance and its a real hindrance.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and especially responding back to them. So please leave your email address instead of a no-reply format.
Have a blessed day!!