Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Welcome to this week's edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge.
Here we go, so join Joyce and the rest of the gang.
1. Did you know there is a national day of pretty much everything in the universe? Feb 23rd happens to be National Inconvenience Yourself Day...when was the last time you were inconvenienced?
Can't think of anything off the top of my head. I would say sitting two hours in a Doctor's office but that's to be expected apparently.
2. When a room in your house needs painting, who does the job?
I do, and I should be painting today. But my get up and go just hasn't got there yet.
3. Are you friends with your cousins?
I have a few on facebook that I talk to from time to time.
We had a family reunion last year, first one in probably 10 years or so. It was great seeing alot of them and catching up. Hoping to make it a yearly thing.
4. Do you use an alarm clock-if yes, is it an actual alarm, music or something else?
I have an actual alarm clock. My husband on the other hand uses his cell phone and it's very annoying.
5. What do you put ketchup on?
hamburgers, french fries, and my spaghetti. Yes spaghetti, something my Grandmother started me doing. I have to fix me a special bowl because no one else eats it that way. Just noodles, meat, and ketchup.
6. What smells make you nostalgic?
I can't think of any particular smells. Pictures does, they take me back to the time they were taken and remember what may have been happening at that time.
7. Did you hear about the high school English teacher recently suspended for some things she wrote on her personal blog? You can read the story here but in a nutshell she vented a lot of frustration onto her blog. She didn't mention individual students by name but she did make some harsh comments about kids in general and their parents.
What are your thoughts-if you're a parent is your child's teacher online and are you a 'friend' or 'follower' there? If you're a teacher are you on facebook and do you accept or friend students there? How about their parents? If you're a student are you friends with your current or former teachers online? Do any of them have blogs you read? If you're a teacher or a parent do you ever use your blog as a place to vent your frustrations with our educational system? So much to discuss....
This is my first time hearing about this particular teacher. I have seen others vent on facebook, and/or blogs about their jobs regardless of their occupation.
I do believe you have to be careful of how much you put out there, because it can be seen by some that you may not want to see it. If she needed to vent, she could have wrote the post and just never published it. But then again so much of what she said is so true.
It's a shame that the younger generation is being raised this way. It makes it hard on us that are truly trying to parent our children differently. I try to teach Makayla that we have the things we need but not necessarily our wants. That respect is expected regardless of how she feels about the person.
I'm a parent and have facebook but none of Makayla's teachers are my friends on there. As far as if any of them read my blog. I have no idea, it's link is at the bottom of my emails. But whether or not any of them has ever clicked on it I wouldn't know.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Two year blogoversary post coming up this week. I can't believe it's been 2 years already.