It's already Wednesday so we know what that means, time for hodgepodge. To join in the fun hop on over to Joyce's and answer the questions.
1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
A person that is dedicated to serving and protecting their country.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
Exercising, I am eating healthier but I have yet the motivation to exercise. Even getting out and simple walking.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
I had recently graduated high school, and was working at Shoney's. Saved money for a down payment on a car. Living at home with no worries. Worked evenings and spend my days at the beach, what a life.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?
I don't eat coconut that much other than in an almond-joy or coconut pound cake, but that's not an issue since I have cut out most of the sugar. I don't eat mayonnaise at all, mashed potatoes is good but I can take them or leave them. Vanilla ice cream is too plain. So if I had to choose one I think the mashed potatoes.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
It was December 1983, I was pregnant with Megan and we were living in this small older house. I don't remember if there was an ice storm or what, but I remember the electricity going out in the middle of the night and we woke up freezing. Went to my in-laws and slept. The next day we went back to the house to get some clothes and the water in the toilet had ice in it. That's how cold it was in the house. I don't remember how many days we were without electricity or that we had to stay with my in-laws I just remember that I had never seen ice in a toilet before.
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
I have never hosted a brunch but Megan did on Christmas day and made a wonderful breakfast casserole. So that's what I would prepare because it was delicious and I keep saying I'm going to make one. Maybe one night for dinner.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
I try really hard not to think negatively. If I catch myself doing so though I try to dwell on something positive. Great uplifting music played loudly helps also.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Not a whole lot going on. It seems more like Spring than Winter. The highs have been in the 70's off and on since about Thanksgiving.