It's Wednesday so it's time for Hodge Podge. Grab the questions and link up over at Joyce's for all the fun.
1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
Yes I have, don't remember the exact year but I know it was in the late 70's. I don't know which would be my favorite, but I do remember seeing the changing of the guards, the White House, the Capitol, and The Washington Monument. One other thing that sticks out in my mind is that Queen Elizabeth was there that week also. My Mom still has a picture of her coming down the steps to get into her car. I would love to go back and take the kids one day.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
The last one I can remember would have been my niece's wedding in August 2007.
Chris (my step-son) is getting married June 11th.
No neither one of my weddings were in the summer. The first one was in December, and the second one in March.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
Don't care much for fruit, but I do like to toss some strawberries in the blender with a little bit of sugar and ice.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
Several things. The birth of our grandson. Chris and Shanea's wedding.
and as always sleeping late.
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
At first I refused to use it because I felt like it was keeping someone form working/or having a job. But now if I only have a couple of things I will use them.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?
flip flops, only because you can't go in public places barefoot.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't post any pictures. I don't often but today it tells me server rejected. Grrrr!!!!