Mixing it up with a new random link
For approximately the past year several of us has been participating every Wednesday in something known as the Random Dozen (RD) hosted over at 2nd cup of Coffee. Lid posted a dozen random questions and people answered on their own blogs. She has decided to retire the RD for now but those of us who played regularly miss it. Joyce says she has a lot of random in her head that needs to go somewhere. So she has decided to do a linky of her own on Wednesdays.
Wednesday Hodgepodge will be slightly different than the RD because for starters, its not a dozen. A dozen random questions on a weekly basis may not sound like much to you but I suspect it could become overwhelming for most so she has settled on a nice even 8 with a twist. Hey, its not called hodgepodge for nothing.
She intends to post the questions sometime on Tuesday, put the Mr. Linky up somewhere in the wee hours of Wednesday morn, and then you will link your own blog with the answers on Wednesdays for all the internets to see.
And, we're off...
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
I look more like my Dad's side of the family. I'm also quiet and laid-back like he was.
2. Do you like roller coasters?
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
Once I decided to blog the two words "patiently waiting" came to mind. Not really sure why if it was the song that goes with it, or that at the time I was waiting patiently in becoming a Nana for the first time. And as you will see in #8, I'm waiting again.
I don't think I would change the name, if I did don't have a clue what I would change it to.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
Not really sure, since it was both of ours 2nd marriage we received mostly money and gift cards. One that really sticks out in my mind was a crystal picture frame. It was beautiful until it fell off the mantle of the fireplace.
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
mortgage, its our most expensive bill.
6. Is the glass half full or half empty?
half-full most of the time
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words?
Well the favorite word to hear would be yes. Especially when I ask someone to do something.
I say I don't know alot, that way I figure it keeps me out of trouble by just claiming IDK.
8. Now, this is where you insert one random thought of your own...maybe something that struck you as funny, something that recently had you scratching your head in confusion, something that annoyed you a teensy bit, something on your to do list, something you are looking forward to, whatever. As long as it is in keeping with the friendly tone we've all come to know and love on Wednesdays then we're good. Don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
First thing I think of is I can now announce that I'm going to be a Nana again. Megan (my oldest daughter) is pregnant again due at the end of May.
Also I have a great giveaway going on, if you haven't entered yet please do. Also will have a giveaway on my prayer blog tomorrow so watch for it.
Joyce also added the idea of everyone adding a random thought of their own each week. One of the things we all most enjoyed about the RD was getting to know lots of different bloggers. We think #8 will only add to that. We hope so anyway.