Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Dozen

It's Wednesday as some refers to as Hump Day.  But for alot of us it's time for Random Dozen.  So click on over to Linda's and join the rest of us. 

1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.
Not much of a sandwich girl.  But if given the chance, Cheddar's makes an awesome philly cheese sandwich.   If I'm at home just plain old bologna, or peanut butter.
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
A good conversation

3. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble, but if the kids have their choice it's always Monopoly we end up playing.

 4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?
Well considering my grandaughter is 18 months old, I would have to say more patience.  I'm sure her Mom would say she gets by with more than she ever did.
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
milk
6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"
Yes.
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
The Washington Monument in the late 70's with my parents on our trip to Washington DC.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
In someone else.
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
My spices and canned good have to be in alphabetical order.  Mild case of OCD I guess.

10. Are you a crafty person?
Somewhat I guess.  I love to do crafts with the kids, and crochet.  But have never learned to sew, don't have the patience.

11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
steak, nothing like a good steak on the grill

12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.
Saturday night my husband and I had the house to ourself and watched a movie with no interruptions.

9 comments:

  1. Liked your answers. I said milk and Scrabble too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about a good steak!

    And yay for uninterrupted movie time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A movie with no interruptions sounds good! LOL Your household must be like ours. Even though all of the children are grown and gone, someone is forever popping in and out...it's better than the alternative though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOTS of Scrabble players. I alphabetize my spices too. Makes it much easier to locate the one I need. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  5. #11 STEAK!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Nothing like one on the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I know about grandparents being patient--my mother certainly is with my daughter. As to patience with students, I know so many people say that they can't deal with older students. In some ways, it's easier to deal with younger students, but I love working with middle school and high school because I can be sarcastic with them and have very high expectations for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, scrabble is the best. Steak is a good answer. We are having some Friday night! I would love to visit Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby is the one who keeps pausing the movie, not the kids. LOL.

    You can't beat a yummy grilled steak! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is possibly not what you expected, but this is the truth. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and especially responding back to them. So please leave your email address instead of a no-reply format.
Have a blessed day!!