Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Clean Heart

Psalms 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Do we truly see ourselves as Christ sees us? If we asked Him to search our hearts and show us any unforgiven sin that may be there. We would probably be shocked. We say I'm sorry, but do we repent for what we have done?

Luke 17:3
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Does He truly have our whole hearts? Is there a part that we're still hanging on to? In His word He says I'm a jealous God. We should have no other Gods before us.

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
Anything we put before Him is a God. All He requires is 10 percent of our time and our first fruits. That leaves us 90 percent. He could have asked for more. But to some even that is impossible to do. Do we realize our lives would be so much better if we just followed His word and His commandments?

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Sometimes we hang onto things thinking we can reach others. If we are no different than them, they can't see Christ through us. We think we have to reach them, when actually we're not reaching them, we're bringing them down with us. Anything we do, the devil will give us a reason to justify it. But if it goes against God's word there is no justification for it.


  1. Thena,

    Great verses you have captured here, and love the explanation that accompanies each. So true!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

  2. I am humming the tune to Create in Me a Clean Heart... We sing this in church. Thanks for the reflection.

  3. Awesome and inspiring post. Stopping by from SITS. Have a wonderful day.


I love reading your comments, and especially responding back to them. So please leave your email address instead of a no-reply format.
Have a blessed day!!