Monday, June 29, 2009

Why?

Why do bad things happen to good people? I wish I could explain that. Just like I wish I knew how to tell my nine year old daughter why her school teacher that was expecting twin boys lost one of them a couple of weeks ago. I wish I knew why women that doesn't deserve children have them and those wanting them so badly doesn't. Maybe I just have a big heart or a soft spot for children. I came from a family of six children. I remember when I first married, an Aunt asked me how many children I wanted. I definitely wanted more than I had. But God had other plans. I had three of my own with my first husband. Then theirs two other children. They are my husband's two youngest children. I love them as if they were my own. We have them for a month this summer and I know it's going to rip my heart out when they leave.
Then this morning I find out about yet another woman having a miscarriage. I don't know which is worse to be pregnant and lose the baby, or to never know the experience of even having a baby.
Another soft spot in my heart because of my niece and sister-in-law wanting a baby so badly, but haven't been able to get pregnant. My sister-in-law has went through tremendous procedures, time , and money, but yet it still hasn't happened.
I know we're not suppose to ask why? But I do. It's hard for me to understand, much less explain.

4 comments:

  1. The bad thing is I ask myself all the time why I was able to have a child when it was out of wedlock & what I sometimes feel as "the wrong way" but now can't have one with my husband "the right way".
    I've come to comfort though knowing that God will let it happen for us when he feels the time is right.
    We can't ask why. HE knows why. It is all in His plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about asking "why?" I figure that's why God is who He is...HE knows! ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog today. I think you should blog about your tacky neighbors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To ask why, is not to trust. God does have a plan for us all. We just need to keep the faith and trust in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed this blog today...thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and especially responding back to them. So please leave your email address instead of a no-reply format.
Have a blessed day!!